Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

So I lied..

I know I said that I wouldn't be posting anything in the next little while, but to be honest, I am sitting at home all alone recovering from dental surgery. A dental extraction to be exact. I look like a chipmunk and laugh at myself every time I smile in the mirror.

Any sort of surgery is a pain in the rear end. Especially one that limits your diet. In the past couple of days, I have eaten apple sauce, ice cream, mashed potatoes with gravy (Mmmm!), scrambled eggs and soup. Needless to say, my taste buds are yearning for a more array of flavors. I am a salt fanatic. All I want right now are some McDonald's french fries loaded with salt, and while we are at it, a bigggg juicy burger minus the onions.. blech! I like onions and all, but not when they are raw and pungent.

I adore food. I really do. It's one of my most favorite things. A recent new food favorite that I have discovered is Brownie Explosion ice cream made by Breyer's. Seriously? It is AMAZING. Like heaven in your mouth with all the ooey, gooey caramel and scrumptious brownie chunks. If you are like me and are in any way a chocolate lover, you will definitely adore this.

Another favorite of mine is my mothers fried chicken. I think the secret behind its crispiness and yumminess is that it is cooked in a cast iron skillet with bacon grease. ..Now I know that sounds like asking for a heart attack right there, but it is some sort of wonderful I am telling you. Pair it with all the fixings.. mashed potatoes with milk gravy, corn on the cob, and home made biscuits.. oh Lord, I could die. And no one can make it like her! Oh, and can you tell she is from the south? ;)

While we are on the topic of my mom, I would just like to add that she makes the worlds best beans and corn bread. Hands down. She adds bacon in replacement of a ham hock.. and I swear that it makes all the difference. What can't bacon make better, lets be honest. I am just going to be brutally honest here and announce that she is probably the worlds best cook. No lie.

I was talking to my sister today on the phone, and she told me that she was making my grandmas secret candy recipe. These candies are sinful! The inside is sugary, meltastic, and just delicious with pecans.. and the outside is wonderful chocolate. They are super rich little things, and are a Christmas tradition in our family. I wish that you guys could try these, but like I said.. secret recipe.

Well now that I have got my taste buds watering, and most likely yours!, I will be making myself some good 'ol Campbell's soup. But might I add that it is bean with bacon. ..Bacon.. that seems to be a staple in my diet..

Until next time..

2 comments:

  1. Oh so funny you are! I loved this post and feel for you and your hungryness. It will be over soon. Pretend you are on Survivor and you have 4 days till you win the million. You will also appreciate your food so much more in a few days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a funny lady!! MMMMM you definitely got my taste buds watering, and I just ate dinner and am stuffed to the max. Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete