Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Outraged

Today while on my way to class, I get off the bus and make my way to the sky train station.

There are the usual "paper boys" there handing out newspapers.

I don't normally get a paper, because frankly I think that it is just promoting litter to be strewn all over the streets in this city, but today I decided to grab one.

I turn to the first page in the paper only to find an article titled, "Dead dog found inside ice block". I am immediately outraged and ready to take a bus to this northern BC town to "take care" of whoever is responsible for this absolute horrific doing.

You can read the article here. I warn you to take caution though, because this article contains graphic content, and it isn't for the faint at heart.

I am so sick of hearing about stories like this. What makes me even more sick is when people claim, "It's just a dog" ... Well according to me, then "you" are just a human. Really. What makes people think that they are better than any other animal on this planet?

Officials need to do a better job to track down the people that commit these crimes. And once they are caught, they need to be given a much more harsher sentence. Why are these disgraces of people only getting a slap on the wrist? If it were up to me (which it should be) I would sentence them to the same treatment that they bestowed upon these animals. These crimes should be treated as homicides.. as murders. There is no reason that they shouldn't be treated this way. How is this any different than killing another human?

Call me insensitive to my own species, but I hate all of them.. okay, perhaps that is a bit harsh. Not all people obviously, but ones who are so messed up in the head that they commit these sorts of crimes. I hope their mothers are proud of themselves for raising such "wonderful" people.

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment