Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The death of me

There are days when I am absolutely unproductive, and by unproductive I mean that I genuinely. do. nothing.

Today was one of those days. I woke up with good intentions: I had a plan to clean around the apartment and possibly bake cookies. Then I turned on the TV. Ultimate fail. I pretty much parked my butt on the couch and watched show after show all freaking day.

There are times when I wish that we didn't have television during the week. I could get so much done. Take today for example, I could have cleaned, baked, and caught up with school work before the weekend. Could have, would have, should have.

Of course I never would get rid of the ever so loved television because I just so happen to be obsessed with some of the new programming on. Five shows that I simply adore are Ringer, 9O21O, Grey's Anatomy, The Amazing Race and CSI. These shows keep my sane and allow me to have something to look forward to during the passing weeks.

I have been having a hard time connecting with my school schedule this term. I am taking a second half English course, and I am certain it will be the death of me. The upside? This is the last humanities course that I will ever have to take for the rest of my life. This course, however, cannot be over soon enough. I am sick of writing essays, sick of doing research on topics such as Gender Theory, and just sick of hearing what others thought of a gay-fantasia play. I am definitely a science and math student. Humanities can suck it.

It's amazing how many people share my same feelings about English. We had a discussion at the beginning of the semester on why we thought English was a requirement for every single program and what we thought about this requirement. Lets just say that everyone was in agreement that we thought it was a waste of time and money. This is a sad statement, but it's the truth. Why exactly is it a requirement? I know that we all have to know how to use proper grammar and how to write essays. I get that. But what I don't get, is why we must spend countless hours reading and talking about how we felt about our readings. Sounds more like a shrink session if you ask me.

But whatever. C'est la vie. I guess it's just something that I will have to get over in this long journey in becoming a doctor. It better be worth it.

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment