Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What is a blog?

I have decided to try out this blogging world everyone is talking about. Not so sure how long, or if it will last. I seem to go in phases. One day I will be completely for something, and the next I want nothing to do with it.

This seems to play a role in my college life. Take yesterday for example. I was all for starting a new school week (yes I am taking summer courses, and yes it's often a bummer) I start every morning at 8:30am and end around 12:30pm. But as soon as I get there, I just know that it is going to be a long week. Papers due, exams to study for. Motivation, where are you? It doesn't help either that I got an exam back that was graded a B+. Maybe I have high standards, but I burst in to tears and it ruined my entire day. Then I start questioning myself and wondering if I would even be accepted in to dental school. I need A's, and those filthy B's just don't cut it.

There are times when I wish I could fast forward to September 2012. Be done with all this upgrading junk, because yes, I slacked off in highschool and the only things worthy of my time then were boys and friends. It's frusterating knowing that I could have already accomplished these things. But I have to just shrug it off and live with the decisions I have made. The past is the past.

So as far as this blog goes, it may be short lived or long loved. Only the future will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. Congratulations on your college, even on the B+. I know exactly how you feel because when I went to college I pushed myself so hard to get A's. Stick to it and you will do well...don't give up!

    Yoli :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I certainly hope it will be long loved!
    You sound like me...only younger and prettier! I'm a nursing student, and I had to maintain a GPA (not as high as in dentistry) but it did put a lot of stress. And I also graduate in 2012! See, all kinds of things in common. I hope we get to know each other better.

    ReplyDelete